April Fool's Day was aptly timed this year. The Health Business Blog is in the process of migrating to a new service provider and the new system was supposed to be up and running on Monday, April 1. Alas it was not to be.
In any case, the blog continued along on the old platform.
- The still-early state of online doctor reviews compared the availability and quality of physician ratings on Yelp, HealthGrades, Angie's List and MHQP
- Low teen birth rates: Another plus for Massachusetts reported on the latest CDC statistics and argued that Massachusetts is better able to afford health care as a result
- Texas cuts off its nose to spite its face on Medicaid expansion documented just how self-destructive it is for states to refuse to expand Medicaid
- In this transcript of an earlier podcast interview with Nina Nashif, the Healthbox CEO discussed how her company is accelerating the launch and growth of health care companies
- Barking up the wrong tree on Medical Loss Ratio reform took a skeptical view of brokers' complaints about how the Affordable Care Act is harming their business