- What aspects of the stimulus are relevant for HIT?
- Why is the money provided in the form of incentive payments rather than directly for the purchase of hardware, software and services?
- How should physicians and hospitals respond to the stimulus?
- What is meaningful use? Do people installing systems today have to worry about whether they’ll qualify?
- What is the connection between the HIT funding in the stimulus bill and the broader health care reform agenda?
The federal stimulus bill signed into law last month contains more than $100 billion of health care related funding, including roughly $20 billion for health care IT. After reading through the legislation I still had a lot of unanswered questions about how this money will be made available, when and to whom.