TransCelerate BioPharma is a pharmaceutical company collaboration that addresses key issues in clinical development that benefit everyone. Now six members have decided to extend the concept to the pre-clinical realm by establishing BioCelerate. Their goal is to compress time to market, reduce cost, and increase the predictive value of preclinical data.
I spoke recently with TransCelerate’s CEO Dalvir Gill about TransCelerate and the new BioCelerate initiative. As CEO of both organization, he’s in a good position to comment. Here’s what we discussed:
- (0:10) What is Transcelerate?
- (1:13) How did it get started? These entities compete with one another so how did they decide to get together to work on something?
- (4:46) When the organization was launched there were a few specific projects. What can you say about the project and the results achieved?
- (8:19) Can you talk about your interactions with non-members, including regulators?
- (11:43) What financial commitment do you expect from members? How do you avoid the freeloader problem?
- (13:45) You’ve grown your membership and initiated new projects. You’ve now initiated Biocelerate. What is it and why are you setting it up as its own entity?
- (16:06) Tell me about the initial project, which is focused on toxicology.
- (18:13) Are there more projects that are lined up for Biocelerate?
—March 16, 2016