Kevin Sayer is CEO of Dexcom, and on World Diabetes Day he had the privilege of ringing the NASDAQ bell at the start of the session. I caught up with him afterwards to ask about developments in Continuous Glucose Monitoring.
Here’s what I asked:
- (0:10) What is World Diabetes Day and what does it accomplish?
- (0:45) Your company is a pioneer in Continuous Glucose Monitoring (CGM). What is the impact on patients?
- (1:48) Does CGM replace finger sticks or do you have to do both?
- (2:23) Is CGM relevant only for those with insulin pumps? Is it useful for people who inject insulin?
- (3:24) What is an artificial pancreas? How does CGM fit in?
- (5:15) How do you model the financial impact of CGM for individual patients and for populations?
- (6:49) How important are online patient communities and data registries, such as T1D Exchange? Do they play an important role in your R&D?
- (8:11) As we look to 2017 and beyond, what are the next big things we can expect?
November 15, 2016