To succeed in value based care, providers must reduce unwarranted variance in utilization and cost. Medical devices and drugs are good places to focus, since they represent big slices of the spending pie that are rarely optimized. In this podcast interview, Lumere CEO Hani Elias describes how his company deploys evidence based software and services to help health system clients take on variation.
- (0:12)What are some of the key challenges in healthcare?
- (1:31) What do you mean by “unwarranted” variation?
- (2:45) Are you able to tell which variation is appropriate and which is not?
- (4:30) How does the decision making process differ between drugs and devices?
- (6:42) Drug and device companies are large and are influential with physicians. How do you operate effectively in that environment?
- (8:45) How do you differentiate from others who work on reducing cost and improving quality?
- (10:30) What’s new, and what’s the same in this administration in Washington compared to the prior one?
- (11:41) The company has a new name. Why?
- (12:35) What does the future hold for Lumere?
—March 26, 2018