SafeRide Health is focused on redesigning the non emergency medical transportation experience to reduce patient risk and streamline care coordination. In this podcast interview, co-founders (and brothers) Robbins and Whit Schrader talk about how losing a friend to DUI in their teenage years got them started down the entrepreneurial path to what became Saferide.
- (0:10) What are the main challenges in medical transportation?
- (0:47) What is the impact?
- (2:04) What is NEMT? How well does it work?
- (3:16) There is a revolution going on with transport, especially companies like Uber and Lyft. Lyft is a partner. How does that work?
- (4:21) What is the experience like for the typical patient? How does it vary depending on whether or not you are involved?
- (6:12) You said you can drive the no show rate down by half for one client, just by improving transportation. Is that replicable?
- (6:57) How did you come up with the concept for this company? How does it go as brothers working together?
- (8:05) How do markets differ: urban/rural, different geographies? Can it work outside of cities?
- (9:29) Where are things headed? How much tie in is there with healthcare delivery?
- (10:30) How do autonomous vehicles fit in?
- (11:23) When you work with Lyft, does the driver know they’re getting a patient versus a regular retail customer?
May 17, 2018