SilkRoad Technology co-founder Brian Platz has turned his attention to blockchain, with Fluree, a new Public Benefit Corporation that has introduced a scalable blockchain database for decentralized applications. Fluree is not healthcare specific, but there is a lot of potential for blockchain.
In this podcast interview we covered the following:
- (0:10) What is a scalable blockchain database and why is it important?
- (1:58) What are some of the most pressing database needs in healthcare? How different are they from the issues faced by other industries?
- (3:07) What are some of the healthcare use cases for Fluree?
- (5:15) You mention transparency and consensus as key attributes of block chain. Does that contradict healthcare’s needs for privacy and security?
- (6:35) Who will leverage the technology in healthcare? Who is likely to be left behind?
- (7:46) What impact, if any, will healthcare consumers and patients see as a result of Fluree?
- (8:51) Why is Fluree organized as a Public Benefit Corporation?