Patient payments are a real friction point in the US healthcare system. Patients don’t understand what they owe, and doctors usually can’t help them figure it out. HealthiPASS is doing its best to solve these problems with a consumer-friendly approach that pays off financially for providers.
In this podcast interview, HealthiPASS CEO, Rajesh Voddiraju answers my questions about how it all works.
- (0:17 )What are the problems with patient payments today?
- (2:40) What have physician offices been doing about it about it? How successful are those efforts?
- (6:30) How does HealthiPASS work?
- (11:50) With the four steps it sounds like you are allowing the physician office to educate the patient about the extent of their financial obligations under high deductible plans. Is that right?
- (13:09) How does the system interact with existing practice management systems? What is the impact on the office workflow?
- (18:51)The value proposition for physician offices is pretty clear, but what about for patients? Is it in a patient’s interest to use this system?
- (21:37) What are you doing to increase adoption?
- (26:08) How do you expect the market to evolve?