The average consumer might not know it, but health plans are often mired in complexity and inefficiency as they struggle to configure and deploy new offerings. A surprising number of plans rely on spreadsheet-based systems to manage their plan benefit packages — a surefire formula for driving up labor costs and making errors. Some have spent tens of millions of dollars trying and failing to automate theses processes.
In this podcast interview, Simplify Healthcare CEO Mohammed Vaid shared his perspective on this problem and its solution.
- (0:14) What are some of the main inefficiencies you see with health plans?
- (3:44) Are these problems widely recognized within the plans?
- (5:08) Have they become more of an issue recently?
- (7:12) What approaches have been taken to address these problems?
- (10:12) What are the more promising ways to address these issues, perhaps starting with benefits?
- (12:12) To what extent have such enlightened solutions been implmented? Are there success stories out there?
- (14:10) Tell me about Simplify Healthcare and how your company gets involved. What’s the experience like for a customer?