I haven’t had much of a chance to write lately, but there are so many things that I want to comment on. So here are a few quick thoughts:
- The Peter Navarro piece in USA Today about Tony Fauci was a total joke. It reminded me of what a middle school student would have written if forced to take the Con side in a debate where Pro was obviously correct. “Dr. Anthony Fauci has a good bedside manner with the public, but he has been wrong about everything I have interacted with him on.” It’s just nut. USA Today is getting serious grief for running that, as well they should. But Navarro and Trump are the ones who should really take a beating.
- COVID-19 is badly increasing disparities. The stock market is rising and high end homes and cars are selling fine. Private school students are being educated and getting specially designed internships. Meanwhile, lower income jobs are getting squeezed, public schools have given up, and summer jobs for teens are hard to come by.
- We continue to dig a deeper hole. Massachusetts and neighboring states are doing relatively well –but the South and West are in serious trouble. Eventually they will take us down with them if the fire keeps raging out of control. We can’t even agree on the lowest common denominator –wearing a mask
- Speaking of which, looks like Walmart and other retailers have become our new public health department. There’s no national mask policy and some states won’t impose them. So now it’s up to the retailers to step in.
- Looks like private companies may have to take over data collection, too as the White House bypasses the CDC for infection reporting
Ok, that’s enough for now…