Synzi is a new technology company focused on helping healthcare organizations provide virtual care. The Synzi platform enables on-demand video interactions, including for those with limited knowledge of English and for patients with hearing loss.
I sat down with Synzi CEO Lee Horner at last week’s JP Morgan Healthcare Conference to discuss telehealth and Synzi’s role.
- (0:10) People with multiple chronic conditions are responsible for much of the healthcare spending in this country. What are some of the key challenges they face in maintaining their health?
- (1:18) What role can telehealth play? How does it work in practice?
- (2:44) What populations are most suited to telehealth? Which less so?
- (4:09) What’s the value of telehealth beyond the traditional nurse phone call?
- (5:55) Who pays the bill? What’s the value proposition?
- (8:03) Do you offer archiving of the video visits?
- (8:47) When customers archive do they make the archives available to patients?
- (9:30) Synzi is a new company but it came out of Stratus, which had language services as well as tele heath. How do those fit together?
- (11:10) What does the future hold for telehealth for people with chronic conditions?