The opioid epidemic gives addiction treatment providers an opportunity to demonstrate what they can do to stem the tide. CleanSlate operates treatment centers in multiple states, employing a medication assisted approach. In this podcast interview, CEO Greg Marotta describes what he’s seeing and how the company is responding.
- (0:10) How serious is the opioid epidemic?
- (1:09) What kind of approaches are traditionally to treat addiction? What works well and where are there shortcomings?
- (2:22) Are people coming to treatment through primary care? Or the behavioral health system?
- (4:06) How does medical/behavioral integration work? What does it really mean?
- (6:56) CleanSlate is well know for medication based treatments. What kind of medications are available? Who is the approach best suited for?
- (8:09) What is the typical course of treatment?
- (9:49) As addiction has become more visible, it’s now front and center for others in health care. Do you collaborate with other organizations and if so, how has it gone?
- (12:52) You operate in a variety of states, with different cultures. Do you see key differences between Massachusetts, and other states like Texas, Indiana and Wisconsin?
- (14:53) Will we still be talking about an opioid epidemic in five years? What will it take to get out of it?