Orion Health has been the Health Information Exchange (HIE) business around the world for more than 15 years. In this podcast, Chief Medical Officer Chris Hobson and I discuss the past, present and future of health IT.
- (0:12) There are a lot of buzzwords in health IT: interoperability, population health, precision medicine. What is their relevance?
- (3:07) What new buzzwords will we encounter as we head into the new decade?
- (8:07) Health Information Exchanges have been around for 15 years. Have they succeeded? How will they evolve?
- (12:05) You operate around the world. What are some differences and similarities you see with the US system? What can we learn from abroad?
- (17:00) How do the priorities of payers and providers differ?
- (20:16) What are the implications of new legislation focusing on interoperability? TEFCA? 21st Century Cures?