Adherence to medication regimens is a huge challenge, with patients failing to get the benefit of their drugs and payers not getting the results they’re paying for. Adherence is also a major opportunity; for example over half of Medicare Star ratings are based on adherence.
In this podcast interview, AdhereHealth CEO Jason Rose offers his perspective:
- (0:12) What are the biggest challenges in the pharmacy field? (Here’s the article Jason references in his reply)
- (1:52) What does adherence really mean? Is it a big deal?
- (6:15) Who has a financial incentive to do something about it?
- (8:38) You claim over half of Medicare Star ratings are based on adherence. Is it really true?
- (12:18) Is adherence a patient-centric term? It sounds more top down.
- (13:58) How do social determinants of health tie in to adherence?
- (18:15) What role does AdhereHealth play?
- (22:27) Is your Pharmacy at Home program just a mail order pharmacy?
- (24:56) Why did your company change its name?
- (26:38) Can we expecting sweeping changes in adherence, with the introduction of new tools like AI and wearables?