Patients have been receiving a megadose of virtual care since March. How’s it going and what will it mean long-term? Provider search and scheduling company, Kyruus asked 1000 patients for their opinions and published the findings.
Kyruus Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Erin Jospe and I had a chance to catch up on the report and speculate about its implications in this podcast.
Here’s what we discussed:
- (0:15) Key findings and surprises
- (1:54) Baby Boomers’ affinity for virtual care
- (3:40) Paradox that Baby Boomers are big utilizers of virtual care but not so likely to switch doctors to get it
- (6:21) Downsides and limitations of virtual care
- (10:55) Impact of virtual care on disparities
- (13:47) Potential to launch a virtual-first practice
- (17:31) Why Kyruus cares about these results